To give 3rd party access to your NSF proposal in Fastlane, you need the Proposal ID and PIN.
- Go to Research.gov and Prepare Proposals in Fastlane.
- In Fastlane, go to Proposal Functions
- Then Prepare Proposal
- This will take you to a new blank proposal screen. You will need the Temp. Proposal # that gets generated.
- Then Go Back
- Finally, you should see the Temporary Proposal #. Select this number and click Proposal PIN to generate a PIN for the proposal.
- Send both the Temporary Proposal # and the associated PIN to the 3rd party. The 3rd party should be an “Other Authorized User (OAU)”.